Tuesday 10 May 2011

Editing my part


I used the editing tool called Movie Pro 11 to edit the footage that was my responsibility. I started by editing the phone messages. On this piece i decided to remove the video clip we recorded and to keep just the sound clip for the movie. I believed that this was going to be a good editing choice as i could bridge the sound over the opening titles and many of the film clips. I cut the last part of the sound recording out as it repeated “you have no new messages”. I believed this would be a very good sound to use at the end to wrap up the story. I intended to use it over the end credits. I then began to edit the opening scene where Alex was laying on the sofa. In this part i began by showing Alex looking at his phone for messages and then faded it into the sofa part. I used the fade to keep the story flowing. I then edited multiple clips together to make the time seem like it was passing fast (Jump cut editing). When the clip changed i dimmed the light to make it seem like the daylight was changing. This is to add more of a sense of realism to the film. I then was half way through checking out the facebook scene when i decided that it wasn’t suitable enough for our film. As a group we decided to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment